Make Every Bunny Happy
March 22, 2016
With Easter fast approaching it is easy to expel all one’s energy on the dinner menu. You’ve bought the baked ham and made the parker house rolls. Aunt Sue and Uncle Matt are bringing the asparagus and deviled eggs, while Cousin Jim is famous for his scalloped potatoes, and Grandma Becky’s got the fruit salad. So when this Sunday arrives and you haven’t given the dessert any thought at all, don’t panic. Harper Macaw has you covered! This recipe will come together in a pinch with no special requirements or ingredients involved: only the finest chocolate and the finest farmers market carrots you can get your hands on.
Carrot Cake Cookie with Milk Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
Carrot Cake Cookie
- 1 ½ c (213g) flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ginger
- 4 oz butter, softened
- ½ c (106g) granulated sugar
- ¼ c (55g) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c grated carrot
- 1 c chopped pecans, optional
- Whisk together dry ingredients, set aside.
- In a stand mixer cream butter and both sugars till fluffy, about two minutes.
- Add egg and vanilla to stand mixer and whisk till incorporated.
- Slowly add flour mixture to stand mixer, while whisking.
- Add carrots and pecans to stand mixer and whisk till incorporated.
- Scoop 1 ounce balls of cookie dough onto parchment paper 2 inches apart and bake at 350 degrees for 12-13 minutes.
Milk Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 c (8 oz) Harper Macaw milk chocolate, melted
- ⅓ c cream
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Whisk together cream, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes till fluffy.
- Drizzle in melted chocolate and whisk till incorporated.
- Once cookies have cooled, spread with a layer of frosting, decorate with a few extra pecans and serve.
June 7, 2017
April 23, 2017
March 29, 2017