It’s always fun when we hear stories from our customers of successful recipes they’ve made using our chocolate. It’s especially fun when that feedback comes from one of our founder’s aunts (Colin’s) who adorably specified the use of “organic” milk and butter and suggested we add this to our blog. Not only does Missy master the art of baking, she is also an accomplished knitter and canner, but most of all, she is one amazing, loving, thoughtful aunt. How could we resist trying it out for ourselves?
Aunt Missy’s Chocolate Pudding
- 2 ½ Tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 ½ Tbsp Dutch cocoa powder
- 7 Tbsp Sugar Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Milk *organic preferred
- 1 ¾ Cup Cream *organic preferred
- 1 ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract 1 Tbsp Butter *organic preferred
- 4 oz 67% Harper Macaw dark chocolate, melted
- In a medium bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Combine the milk, cream and vanilla in a medium pot over the stove top.
- Gradually whisk the dry ingredients into the wet and bring to a boil. Continue to whisk till incorporated.
- Allow pudding to boil on low for three minutes or until thickened. Continue to whisk so it doesn’t stick to the pot.
- Off the heat add melted chocolate followed by butter and whisk.
- Pour into glass custard cups and refrigerate for 1 hour or as long as you can stand to wait.